Optimization of a lagrangian cloud parcel model for use in the global climate model ECHAM6.1-HAM2.2
From SNIC Documentation
|Name||Optimization of a lagrangian cloud parcel model for use in the global climate model ECHAM6.1-HAM2.2|
|Description||Serial optimization of a cloud parcel model for embedding in a the ECHAM-HAM global climate model.|
The project aims to optimize the runtime performance of a largangian cloud parcel model. It is planned for this code to be embedded in the ECHAM6.1-HAM2.2 in a novel approach of modeling cloud microphysics within a global climate model.
- Complete detailed profiling of the cloud parcel model code
- Analyze the cloud parcel model code to identify code sections and routines to be further evaluated for performance optimization.
- Propose a set of recommendations for code changes based on the performance analysis.
- Make code changes identified to be very fast to implement based on the profiling results.
- Evaluate whether openmp parallelisation should be feasible and how much work that would entail.
|Chandan Basu (NSC)||NSC||Application expert||Computational science|