From SNIC Documentation
This page provides an overview on high performance computed related training available to users and personnel of the SNIC.
Training events offered or supported by SNIC
|Start date||End date||Event type||Location||Description|
|Code Optimisation and Performance Tuning for Xeon Processors (October 2016)||2457692.531 October 2016||2457694.52 November 2016||Course||Stockholm (PDC)||Advanced Programming techniques for performance improvement of numerical simulation codes|
|Introduction to HPC2N and Kebnekaise (November 2016)||2457700.58 November 2016||2457700.58 November 2016||Course||Umeå (HPC2N)||Introduction to HPC2N and Kebnekaise|
|MPI (Lunarc November 2016)||2457700.58 November 2016||2457702.510 November 2016||Course||Lund (Lunarc)||An introduction to parallel programming using MPI|
|Intel Compiler (Lunarc November 2016)||2457716.524 November 2016||2457717.525 November 2016||Course||Lund (Lunarc)||Using the Intel® compiler and performance tools|
|Scientific Visualisation Workshop(UPPMAX, November 2016)||2457722.530 November 2016||2457722.530 November 2016||Workshop||Uppsala||Scientific Visualisation Workshop Autumn 2016|
An overview on training events offered in the past is available from the past training events page.
Training offered by other providers
- SeSE provides courses in the field of e-Science for PhD-students within the Swedish academia.
- PDC and SeSE have an annual summerschool at the end of August.
- The NeIC training calendar provides an overview on training available in the Nordic area.
- The Prace training portal provides an overview on the training offers available from PRACE. These include course, tutorials and slide sets from past events.
- HLRS in Germany, in cooperation with other German HPC centres overs an extensive HPC training program. See the HLRS website for the 2015 program. Some courses are offered in English while others use German as the teaching language.
Community specific training
- The Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) provides training courses focused on molecular biosciences.
Online training material
|Data Management Seminar Online||Data management seminar recording|
|SNIC Science Cloud Workshop Material||Material for technical training and workshops hosted by SNIC Science Cloud.|
- SNIC coordinated training project page.