This page describes what type of content that should be placed in this wiki, and what should not.
The Zen of the wiki
- User focus
- The intended audience for this wiki is end users, so write your articles so that they will be useful for end users. Is your article not useful for end users? Don't add it.
- Don't repeat yourself
- Tired of answering the same question over and over again in support? Add it to the relevant page and point people here instead.
- Keep the wiki as empty as possible
- Yes. It really says "keep the wiki as empty as possible". See below.
- Do not duplicate information
- Duplicated information rots. Prefer to link to documentation maintained elsewhere rather than copy the text.
- No internal stuff
- Things that are only interesting to people inside our community should not be added here. There's a link for that stuff in the sidebar.
- Put centre-specific stuff where it belongs
- Is what you are writing only relevant to your centre? Add it to their webspace instead.
- Push information as far up as you can.
- On the other hand, can you rewrite it so that it fits all centres? Do so, and add it here so all can benefit from it.
- Push information as far upstream as you can.
- Even better, are you documenting open source software? Can you rewrite it so that it fits with existing documentation? Do so, and push it upstream so that all can benefit from it.