PconsC for Fido
From SNIC Documentation
|Name||PconsC for Fido|
|Description||Web hosting for PconsC|
|Research project||SeRC: Combination of direct information methods and alignments improves contact prediction.|
Hosting the PconsC code by Marcin Skwark et al on the Fido system for providing PconsC predictions as a service.
|Joel Hedlund (NSC)||NSC||Application expert||Bioinformatics|
- Marcin Skwark (SciLifeLab KI)
- Arne Elofsson (SciLifeLab KI)
- Robert Pilstål (LiU)
- Björn Wallner (LiU)
- Contact prediction from primary sequence, via multiple iterative database homology search.
- Caching results from successful runs.
- PconsC takes in the order of hours to run, but output files are small and can be cached to disk at little cost, for instant output when re-running predictions. This is useful to avoid overload e.g. should a course decides to use the service as an example.
- First draft for the service opened for requestors on the production system for comments.