This page provides an overview on high performance computed related training available to users and personnel of the SNIC.
Training events offered or supported by SNIC
|Start date||End date||Event type||Location||Description|
|Working effectively with HPC systems (NSC, April 2021)||20 April 2021||20 April 2021||Webinar||Linköping (NSC)||Working effectively with HPC systems|
|Analyzing data in an HPC environment using R (April 2021)||22 April 2021||22 April 2021||Course||Online, organised by PDC||Analyzing data in an HPC environment using R|
|Running MD applications efficiently in HPC, HPC2N, 26-27 April 2021||26 April 2021||27 April 2021||Course||Umeå||Running MD applications efficiently in HPC|
|ENCCS/PDC VeloxChem Workshop: Quantum Chemistry from Laptop to HPC (May 2021)||6 May 2021||7 May 2021||Workshop||Online, organised by ENCCS and PDC||ENCCS/PDC VeloxChem Workshop: Quantum Chemistry from Laptop to HPC|
|Task-based parallelism in scientific computing (HPC2N/PRACE, May 2021)||10 May 2021||12 May 2021||Course||Online, organized from Umeå||Task-based parallelism in scientific computing|
An overview on training events offered in the past is available from the past training events page.
Online training material
Online material available on this platform
|Data Management Seminar Online||Data management seminar recording|
|Online training materials||Overview page on online training materials freely available|
|SNIC Science Cloud Workshop Material||Material for technical training and workshops hosted by SNIC Science Cloud.|
Online material from the world wide web
There is a dedicated page providing an overview on selected training materials around the world wide web.
Training offered by other providers
- SeSE provides courses in the field of e-Science for PhD-students within the Swedish academia.
- PDC and SeSE have their annual summerschool from 13 till 24 August 2018.
- The National Bioinformatics Infrastructure Sweden (NBIS) offers training events tailored to the needs of bioinformatics research.
- The NeIC training calendar provides an overview on training available in the Nordic area.
- The Prace training portal provides an overview on the training offers available from PRACE. These include course, tutorials and slide sets from past events.
- HLRS in Germany, in cooperation with other German HPC centres overs an extensive HPC training program. See the HLRS training website for an overview on the upcoming training events. Some courses are offered in English while others use German as the teaching language. In addition, the German HPC calender aims to list all HPC related Events (e.g. training, conferences) in Germany.
- The CodeRefinery project delivers workshops and events to train Nordic research groups in state-of-the-art tools and practices in modern collaborative software engineering to build modular, reusable, maintainable, sustainable, reproducible, and robust software.
Community specific training
- The Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) provides training courses focused on molecular biosciences.
- SNIC coordinated training project page.