From SNIC Documentation
Revision as of 09:02, 11 October 2018 by Joachim Hein (LUNARC)
This page provides an overview on high performance computed related training available to users and personnel of the SNIC.
Training events offered or supported by SNIC
|Start date||End date||Event type||Location||Description|
|C3SE Introductory Seminar October 17 2018||2458408.517 October 2018||2458408.517 October 2018||Seminar||Göteborg||Seminar for new users at C3SE, describing how to use our systems|
|Hierarchical modules and software selection (Lund, October 2018)||2458414.523 October 2018||2458414.523 October 2018||Seminar||Lund (LUNARC)||Hierarchical modules and software selection|
|Matlab HPC training (Linköping, Oct 2018)||2458415.524 October 2018||2458416.525 October 2018||Course||Linköping (NSC)||Matlab HPC training|
|HPC Tools for the Modern Era (PDC, October 2018)||2458416.525 October 2018||2458417.526 October 2018||Workshop||Room Fantum, KTH, Stockholm||HPC Tools for the Modern Era|
|Using Matlab in an HPC environment (Lunarc, November 2018)||2458429.57 November 2018||2458429.57 November 2018||Seminar||Lund (LUNARC)||Using Matlab in an HPC environment|
|Research data for open science (Lund, November 2018)||2458435.513 November 2018||2458435.513 November 2018||Seminar||Lund (LUNARC)||Making your research data fit for a future of open science and open data|
|C3SE Introductory Seminar November 20 2018||2458442.520 November 2018||2458442.520 November 2018||Seminar||Göteborg||Seminar for new users at C3SE, describing how to use our systems|
|MPI (Lund November 2018)||2458443.521 November 2018||2458445.523 November 2018||Course||Lund (LUNARC)||An introduction to parallel programming using MPI|
|Introduction to Deep Learning, Umeå (22-23 November 2018)||2458444.522 November 2018||2458445.523 November 2018||Course||HPC2N, Umeå||Introduction to Deep Learning|
|Scientific Visualisation (Uppsala, Nov 2018)||2458448.526 November 2018||2458452.530 November 2018||Workshop||Uppsala (UPPMAX)||Scientific Visualisation Workshop|
An overview on training events offered in the past is available from the past training events page.
Training offered by other providers
- SeSE provides courses in the field of e-Science for PhD-students within the Swedish academia.
- PDC and SeSE have their annual summerschool from 13 till 24 August 2018.
- The National Bioinformatics Infrastructure Sweden (NBIS) offers training events tailored to the needs of bioinformatics research.
- The NeIC training calendar provides an overview on training available in the Nordic area.
- The Prace training portal provides an overview on the training offers available from PRACE. These include course, tutorials and slide sets from past events.
- HLRS in Germany, in cooperation with other German HPC centres overs an extensive HPC training program. See the HLRS training website for an overview on the upcoming training events. Some courses are offered in English while others use German as the teaching language. In addition, the German HPC calender aims to list all HPC related Events (e.g. training, conferences) in Germany.
- The CodeRefinery project delivers workshops and events to train Nordic research groups in state-of-the-art tools and practices in modern collaborative software engineering to build modular, reusable, maintainable, sustainable, reproducible, and robust software.
Community specific training
- The Science for Life Laboratory (SciLifeLab) provides training courses focused on molecular biosciences.
Online training material
|Data Management Seminar Online||Data management seminar recording|
|SNIC Science Cloud Workshop Material||Material for technical training and workshops hosted by SNIC Science Cloud.|
- SNIC coordinated training project page.