Requesting a grid certificate using the Digicert SSO Portal
From SNIC Documentation
Due to brain damage at Google, you can no longer use Google Chrome/Chromium for getting a Digicert certificate. Firefox still works, and possibly Safari and Internet Explorer. We have reports that Microsoft Edge does not work.
Requesting a Digicert eScience (grid) certificate
- Start the Firefox web browser or, if preferred, Safari on macOS. (see Caveat above for details)
- Go to https://digicert.com/sso
- Type the first characters of your university (or similar) and then select the Identity Provider to use for login.
- Login at your home university.
- Select the Grid Premium product.
- Normally, leave the CSR field blank to get a key generated in your browser.
- Press "Request Certificate".
- Your certificate is generated and should be automatically imported into your browser.
Exporting the Digicert certificate
If you need to use the certificate with other programs it needs to be exported to a file and imported where appropriate.
See Exporting a client certificate for detailed instructions on how to export a Digicert certificate from the most popular browsers.
Adding certificate to OS keychain/keystore
For operating systems with a built in keychain/keystore the certificate needs to be imported in order to be available for programs that uses it.
Windows: FIXME: Investigate and update instructions accordingly.
Using the certificate with grid tools
To use the Digicert certificates with the ARC grid client they have to be exported from the browser into a file and then converted into a suitable format.
See Preparing a client certificate for detailed instructions on how to prepare an exported certificate for use with grid tools.
For operating systems with a built in keystore you might need to export the e